The digital transaction is increasing nowadays along with online banking frauds is also increasing. To keep their customers safe from these kinds of frauds The largest lender of India State Bank Of India (SBI) shares a video.
State bank of India shares a video on their official Twitter handle, the bank has warned that the financial service sector has always been a target for cybercrime.
The video has shown contexts that may possibly lead to online banking frauds.
1) If you have received fraud calls, emails and texts requesting your personal details or requesting you to make urgent payment.
2) If your bank accounts show transactions you did not perform.
3) If you have shared your personal information or account specific information with anyone
“Protect yourself from cyber-criminals by staying alert and informed. Here’s what you can do to stay safe,” SBI tweeted along with the video.
The SBI video said:
- Recently, everyone has witnessed a serious surge in cybercriminal activities.
- Not surprisingly. The financial services sector has always been a target for cybercrime.
- If you have received fraud calls, emails, and texts requesting your personal details or requesting you to make an urgent payment.
- If your bank account shows transactions that you did not perform.
- If you have shared your personal information or account-specific information with anyone.
- If you are a victim of these or other cybercrimes.
- You need to contact your local police authorities.
- Or report such cases on this link https://cybercrime.gov.in/.
- Do not ignore these instances. Report these cases immediately to make this world a safer place for all.