Cash Did not Dispense From the ATM but Money Deducted From the Account: In such a situation, customers get nervous because they do not understand where to complain about this problem and how it will be resolved. We have come up with a solution to your problem, so let us tell you what to do if such a situation comes in front of you.
There is no doubt that ATMs (Automated teller machines) make our lives easier. People have forgotten the hassle of standing in long queues in banks for cash. Cash is easily withdrawn from ATMs within a few minutes, although yes, sometimes these ATMs also put us in trouble. Many times you must have heard or you yourself must be facing such a problem that while withdrawing money from ATM, money was deducted from your account without withdrawing cash. In such a situation, customers get nervous because they do not understand where to complain about this problem and how it will be resolved.
Today we are telling you on this problem that if such a situation comes in front of you, then what you have to do.
Money will be returned in 5 days
If money is deducted from your account without withdrawing cash from ATM, then you do not need to panic. Actually, many times this happens due to technical problems. To return this money, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set a time limit for the banks. According to RBI, all banks have to credit the debited rupee within 5 working days. For violating this rule, a rule has been made to pay a fine of Rs 100 to the bank every day.
keep these things in mind
- At the time of cash withdrawal, check the notification of withdrawal immediately if the transaction is not completed at the ATM.
- You should immediately get information about the amount deposited in your bank and make sure whether the money has been deducted from your account or not.
- If money has been deducted from the account without withdrawing the cash from the ATM, then you should wait for 5 days. Mostly it is seen that the money is returned to the account within five days.
- If the money is not returned to the account even after a lapse of five days, then you can complain to the bank branch about the failure of the transaction.
- If the money is not returned in your account within 30 days of complaining in the bank, then you can complain to the senior officer of the grievance redressal department.
Can complain online
- If we talk about the state bank State Bank of India, then if the money is not returned even after the time prescribed by RBI, you can go through the website https://crcf.sbi.co.in/ccf/ under Existing Customer //ATM related/ You can complain by going to /ATM related//Account Debited but cash not dispensed category.
- Apart from this, complaints can be made by calling SBI helpline number 1800 11 2211 (toll-free), 1800 425 3800 (toll-free).
- Along with this, complaints can also be made by calling 080-26599990 from 8 am to 8 pm.