EPFO: There is relief news for the employees of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). The government has announced to give 8.1 percent interest money for the financial year 2020-21. More than 6 crore employees will get the benefit of this. If you have Rs 10 lakh lying in your account, then interest of Rs 81,000 will be available.
In fact, in a meeting chaired by Union Labor and Employment Minister Bhupendra Yadav last month, the interest rate for the fiscal year 2021-2022 was fixed at 8.1% by the Central Board of Trustees (CBT) of EPFO, on which the Finance Ministry also agreed. has given. Now soon the interest money on PF will be transferred by the government. However, this will be the first time in 40 years that more than 6 crore employees will get such a low interest on PF. It is expected that by July 30, the fixed interest rate can be deposited in the account of EPFO employees. However, the EPFO has not yet given an official confirmation.
This is the lowest interest rate in four decades. Earlier in March, the EPFO had decided to raise the interest rate from 8.5 percent to 8.1 percent for the financial year 2021-22. In the last fiscal year, PF was getting 8.5% interest, which has now increased to 8.1%. Earlier, the 2020-21 EPF rate was 8.5 percent (PF interest rate), 8.65 percent in 2018-19 and 8.55 percent in 2017-18. The Central Board had recommended for the interest rate of 8.10 percent per annum on EPF deposits in the accounts of EPF members for the financial year 2021-22 (ending March 31, 2022), which has been approved.
Interest rate from 2013 to 2022
Interest in 2021-22- 8.1 percent
interest in 2020-21- 8.5 percent
interest in 2018-19- 8.65 percent
interest in 2017-18- 8.65 percent interest
in 2016-17- 8.65 percent interest
in 2015-16- 8.80 percent
2014- Interest in 15 – 8.75 percent
Interest in 2013-14 – 8.75 percent
Check balance like this
- Download Umang App in your mobile through Play Store. Register your phone number and open in AI.
- Go to the ‘Service Directory’ by going to the menu given in the top left corner. Search and click on the EPFO option here.
- After going to View Passbook here, check the balance through your UAN number and OTP.
- Log on to the EPFO website and click on e-passbook. Clicking on e-passbook will bring you to a new page.
- Where you have to fill your username (UAN number), password and captcha and then a new page will open and here you have to select the member ID
- Here you will get your EPF balance on e-passbook.
- Apart from this, you can also check your PF account balance through SMS, but for this your mobile number should be registered with EPFO.
- You have to send EPFO UAN LAN to 7738299899 from your mobile number registered with EPFO. LAN stands for your language.
- If you want information in English, you have to write ENG instead of LAN. Similarly HIN for Hindi and TAM for Tamil.
- To get information in Hindi, message has to be written by writing EPFOHO UAN HIN.