PAN-Permanent Account Number i.e. PAN card is an important document. If your income is more than the income tax exemption limit, then you must have a PAN number. To get a PAN card, first the office had to go and apply for offiline application. However, now most applications are made online only. It is quite easy to apply online. Your PAN card is available within minutes. You can download the e-PAN online immediately after applying.
In April 2017, the country’s largest body of tax affairs, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), introduced the e-PAN facility. If you also apply for e-PAN, you send a soft copy of the PAN card in PDF format through the CBDT e-mail. You can download and use PAN from your e-mail ID. Also, in case of loss, burst, or failure of PAN card, you can download e-PAN till a duplicate card arrives.
How to apply for an instant e-PAN card Online?
- First of all, go to the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department and click on the “Quick Links” on the left side in the “Instant PAN through Aadhaar” section.
- After that click on “Get New PAN” on the new page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number for the new PAN card and enter the captcha code and generate OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile phone.
- Authenticate OTP. Certify the Aadhaar details.
- You will also have the option to authenticate the email ID for the PAN card application.
- The e-KYC data of that Aadhaar number will be shared with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), after which you will get the instant PAN. This entire process will not take more than 10 minutes.
How to download e-pan Online?
- First, go to this website. https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/PANApp
- Select the Individual in the box containing the status of the applicant.
- After this, select the physical PAN card and e-PAN in the Select the Required option and fill the information requested below it.
- After this, the submit button is given at the bottom. Click on it.
- After filling the complete form, the officers check your information. After some time, you will get the e-PAN in PDF format on the e-mail ID.
Read This Also: If you made this mistake regarding PAN card, then you have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000
The whole process is free and easy
The entire process of getting a new PAN card has been made easy, free and paperless. In this, you do not even need to upload any documents on the portal. Keep in mind that this facility is for those people who have never been allotted a PAN before, their mobile phone number is linked to the Aadhaar number and their full date of birth has been given on the Aadhar card. Along with this, the facility of e-PAN is not for minors.