SBI ATM transaction failed? Did money get debited? How to lodge a complaint

Check ATM Transaction Limit

If you too tried to withdraw cash from the ATM and even after you did not get the cash, the message has been sent to cut the balance from your bank account, then you should not worry.

Ankit Grover, who lives in Vasundhara, Ghaziabad, tried to withdraw Rs 2,000 from an SBI ATM. The cash did not come out of that ATM, but the slip they received from the ATM, deducted the money from their account.

First of all let us tell you why this happened?
There can be many reasons for this:

  1. The software of the ATM is not working correctly.
  2. The ATM did not take the transaction details correctly.
  3. No cash in ATM
  4. Maybe someone has installed a card skimming machine in the ATM.

These days it is very common to install skimming machines in ATMs. Except for the crowded area of the city, there are usually no guards at the ATM at night. In this case, a very thin skimming unit can be easily installed in the card slot of the ATM

Read This Also: SBI ATM Card Users: New ATM Saftey Featured Introduced For Customers

Now let’s talk about the occasion when the slip was generated from the ATM and the message of deducting money from your account also came, but the ATM did not give you the cash. If this has happened to you too, do not worry. This is not a fraud and it is completely the fault of the
ATM. You will get your money back in a few days. If the bank itself did not return this amount to your bank account, you can contact the bank in this way:

1.Customer Care

Almost all banks offer customer care these days. You call the bank’s number If you do not know the number, then look behind your debit card. Once your identity is verified, the bank’s executive will ask for details
written in the transaction slip. After this, your complaint will be registered and you will get a tracking number. If this has actually happened due to the bank’s mistake, then the money will be returned to your bank account in 7 working days.

2. Go to the bank branch

If your complaint is not processed even after calling customer care, then you can go to the bank branch and complain. You can complain to the branch manager by going to the bank branch. The helpdesk present in the
the bank will file your complaint and try to resolve it.

3. Meet the branch manager of your branch

If even after this money is not returned to your bank account, then you should contact the manager of the bank where your bank account is. Your branch manager will help you with the quick disposal of this matter.

Every bank has a grievance cell that takes action on such a case. You can also register such a complaint by visiting the bank’s website.

4. Complaint with the Banking Ombudsman

If your complaint has not been processed till now and the amount has not been returned to your bank account, you can complain to the Banking Ombudsman about the matter.

You can also complain about this matter by writing an email or letter to the Reserve Bank. Keep in mind that you can complain to the Banking Ombudsman only after 30 days of making a complaint with the bank.

5. Consumer Disputes Settlement Court

The NCDRC is actually a judicial court to resolve customer complaints. It works under the Consumer Protection Act 1986. If your complaint has not been resolved before then, you will surely get justice here.

6. Legal Action

Normally your complaint is resolved with the Banking Ombudsman. You do not need to take the next step from it, but if the matter is not solved yet, then you can go to the court for this problem.

Usually, if the slip came out of the ATM and your money did not come out, it is due to the ATM being bad and the banks resolve it quickly.

In most cases, you get the money back in your bank account within three to seven working days. You have to give general information about this to the bank staff by making a complaint on your behalf.

Like our Facebook page for regular updates. Click here to
like the page

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *