You can withdraw money from an ATM machine even if you do not have a debit card. For this, you have to take the help of a UPI-based App. However, this facility is not currently available on all ATM machines.
Using Debit Card has been the primary way to withdraw money from an ATM machine. But, you can also withdraw money from the ATM machine with the UPI apps installed on your smartphone. For this, the NCR Corporation had announced some time ago that they are upgrading the ATM machine.
With this, Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) can be done through the UPI platform. This means you can withdraw money from an ATM machine without a debit or credit card. In the absence of this card, it will prove to be very useful.
Here we are telling you the complete method step by step by which you can withdraw money from ATM machine through UPI apps. To use this service, the ATM machine must have UPI service enabled. Without this, you cannot withdraw money.
UPI-based apps will work
Apart from this, it is necessary to have one of the UPI-based GPay, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, or Paytm apps on your smartphone. To use this feature, it is also necessary to have an active internet connection on your smartphone.
After this, you have to go to the ATM machine and select the option of Withdraw Cash. Then you have to select the option of UPI on the ATM machine screen. After selecting this option, you will be shown the QR code on the ATM screen.
Once the QR code appears on the screen, open any UPI-based payment app on your smartphone and turn on the QR code scan. After the code is scanned, enter the amount you want to withdraw.
Right now its limit has been kept at Rs 5,000. That is, you can withdraw up to 5 thousand rupees. After this, click on Proceed and enter the UPI PIN. Money will be withdrawn from the ATM machine.
Steps to Withdrawal cash with Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe from ATM Machine
- For this, first of all, the cash withdrawal option has to be selected in the ATM machine.
- After this, cash withdrawal with UPI has to be selected on the ATM screen.
- After completing this process, the OR code will appear on the screen of the ATM machine.
- This OR code has to be scanned from the smartphone and the amount has to be filled in the UPI app.
- After this, the amount will be withdrawn from the ATM machine as soon as you enter the UPI PIN in the smartphone.
- With this process, a maximum withdrawal of up to Rs 5 thousand can be done.