If you want to change your WhatsApp number and are not able to do so for fear of losing the chat, then you do not have to worry.
WhatsApp offers many important features for the convenience of its users. One of these is the change number feature. With its help, you can easily change your WhatsApp No. without losing chat. Another special feature of this feature is that it also allows users to automatically inform their contacts about the number change. So let’s know how you can easily change your WhatsApp No. without losing chat.
First of all, do this important work
Before starting the process of changing WhatsApp No., put the SIM card with the new number on the phone and make sure that the phone number and SMS are received on the new number. Make sure that your old phone number is still registered on WhatsApp. You can see your registered number on WhatsApp by tapping on the profile in the WhatsApp settings menu.
Now follow these steps
– Open Whatsapp in your phone.
– If you are an iPhone user, go to Settings.
– If you are an Android user, tap on the three dots at the top of the app.
Now, tap on the account option and go to the change number option.
– Here you will see a screen where you have to confirm that you can receive phone calls and SMS to the new number.
– After confirming it, tap on the Next button.
– Now enter your old and new number.
Tap on Next to change the WhatsApp number to the final step.
– Now WhatsApp will ask you if you want to give information about the number change to your contacts.
– Here you will get the option of All Contacts, Contacts I have chat with or custom numbers. Please tell that the information about changing your number will be reached automatically in WhatsApp groups.
– Now tap on Done.
Finally, WhatsApp will ask you to register a new phone number. To register the number, you will get a 6 digit code or a phone call via SMS. After registering, you can start chatting with your new number as before.
Let us know that if you are changing your phone with the same number, then you will have to backup the chats from Google Drive or iCloud.