EPFO has issued important information: If you are also employed then this news is of your use. Actually, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has issued important information for all the account holders. EPFO has tweeted that you can transfer your Provident Fund (PF) amount from the previous company to the new account opened by the existing employer sitting at home.
However, since the introduction of Universal Account Number (UAN), all the accounts of the employee remain in one place, but the money remains in different accounts. Therefore it is important that you first share your UAN with the new company. Later transfer the money from the old account to your new account. To make this process online, you have to follow some easy steps…
How to Apply for PF Transfer:
1. First of all go to EPFO’s Unified Member Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. Login here using Universal Account Number (UAN) and Password.
2. After login, go to Online Services and click on the Member-One EPF Account Transfer Request option.
3. In this you have to verify personal information and PF account. You have to provide your current employment information.
4. After this click on the Get Details option. The PF account details of the previous appointment will appear on the screen.
5. Now you will have the option to choose between the previous employer and the current employer to attest your online claim form.
6. At last click on the Get OTP option. OTP will come on your registered mobile number. Then enter that OTP and click on submit option.
What is required:
>> Registered mobile number must be active as OTP will be sent to this number.
>> Employee’s bank account number and Aadhar number should be linked with UAN.
>> The date of exit of the previous appointment should be remembered. If not, remember that first.
>> E-KYC should be approved by the employer in advance.
>> Only one transfer request will be accepted for the previous member ID.
>> Before applying, verify and confirm all the personal information given inside the member profile.